Upcoming Social Events
2016 Social Function Calendar
Club Merchandise Apparel Now For Sale
How Can We Improve
The Bluey Rackle Of The Week Award
Join The Mighty Blues
Join Us On Social Media
The Kilmore Football/Netball Club would like to announce Nathan Phillips as the coach of the senior football team for the 2017 season. Nathan provided the selection panel with an impressive presentation and it is evident he is very passionate and committed to the club's future. Congratulations Nathan on your appointment. Go Blues!
Kilmore Football Netball Club 2016 AGM
Tuesday 27th September 2016 at 7:30pm in the social club rooms, JJ Clancy Reserve. All positions will be declared vacant.
KILMORE FOOTBALL NETBALL CLUB
OFFICIALLY JOINS THE NORTHERN FOOTBALL LEAGUE
THE Northern Football League has welcomed its second new team in as many years after Kilmore’s switch from the Riddell District Football League was given the green light on Tuesday.
The Blues applied to join the NFL in September, but their move was put on hold last month when a majority of RDFL clubs voted against it. Kilmore had been concerned it would be forced into recess or have to fold if it stayed in the RDFL after battling to re-sign players for next year. But both leagues confirmed AFL Victoria had approved the Blues’ application on Tuesday evening.
NFL chief executive Peter McDougall said Kilmore would compete in Division 3 in its first year in the competition. “The club believes (its) move to the NFL will enhance its long-term viability and I am certain Kilmore will be a successful and vibrant club in our league,” McDougall said. “The addition of Kilmore assists with growing our senior football competition and will also enable us to increase our number of senior netball teams.”
Kilmore’s addition will eliminate the regular bye which has existed in the Division 3 fixture for several years. NFL clubs voted unanimously to allow the Blues to join the competition at a special general meeting in September.
After RDFL clubs voted against the league switch, Kilmore president David Milne said he was concerned it would be “NFL or die” for the club.
In a statement issued on its Facebook page, the Blues hailed the approval of their application as “fantastic news”.
The RDFL will be a 12-team competition from 2016, with more fixture details to be released next month.
“Whilst disappointed to lose a club that has had 66 years of history in the RDFNL, the league hopes that this move rejuvenates the Kilmore FNC and that the club is successful and prosperous long into the future,” the RDFL said in a statement.